We help our customers with billing, collection and student loan administration while complying with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
We Provide Accounts Receivable Services...
Accounts Receivable provides centralized billing services for sales generating departments and the recovery of various university assets. The Accounts Receivable area strives to provide excellent customer service through the many customer focused billing and payment processes.
Collections approaches debt recovery from a customer service and counseling perspective to help clients avoid serious collection action. The collection staff does this by offering creative repayment options while maintaining a focus on debt recovery of valuable university assets. By providing the review and collaboration on cash handling procedures to departmental cash collection points in order to enhance internal control of university cash assets.
...Credit Management Services...
Credit management and fiscal guidelines are summarized by the University Credit and Collection Policy that establishes minimum standards for accounts receivable and collection processes. We invite the opportunity to collaborate with Purdue University colleagues to assist in either implementing or discussion of accounts receivable, collection, and credit management practices.
...for Purdue University and its' Constituents…
Our internal customer base within Purdue University includes academic departments, cost centers, central offices, regional campuses, student organizations, and any area involved with billing and collection of outside entities. Our external customer base includes both individuals and organizations such as businesses, educational institutions, government entities, students, general public, employees, and others both domestic and international that have purchased university goods or services.
The University Receivables and Collections Office desires to provide exceptional service to the university and to the customers we serve. We do this by partnering with our university departments to solve their accounts receivable and collection management needs. External customers are provided with specialized billings that allow a comprehensive approach to serving them whether the billing involves a student loan, non-student charge, or student tuition and housing collection matters.
The services we provide allow many departments across campus to more effectively and efficiently bill and collect their assets while providing payment options to clients. This process allows a centralized approach and allows a central point of contact for our valued customers. This centralized process allows consistency, savings to the university, and proper accounting controls while safeguarding university assets. Our approach will be realized through the following Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Customer Valued Quality Service – anticipate, meet and facilitate the needs of the University community by providing timely, professional, and knowledgeable service.
- Financial Stewardship and Accountability - manage the University’s resources responsibly, effectively, and efficiently with personal accountability and ethical conduct.
- Continuous Improvement - continually assess and proactively seek innovative ways to add value and improve operations and services.
- Collaboration - promote an environment with customers and colleagues that includes listening, learning, and the flexibility and willingness to consider creative solutions, and that seeks an acceptable level of risk to achieve opportunities and common goals.
- Professional Growth and Development - provide an environment where staff members are actively mentored and encouraged to grow professionally and personally, are recognized for their achievements, and are given opportunities with greater exposure and responsibility.
- Respect and Diversity - foster an inclusive community where all points of view and experience are valued and all people are treated with respect and courtesy.
The Benefits as Seen by Our Customers
Automated monthly billing and dunning follow-up
Centralized accounting and General Ledger reporting
Processing of payments and associated accounting entries
Enhance internal control of A/R assets
Increased cash flow
Collection services including legal and outside collection agency recovery
Allow outside customers a central point of contact for A/R and collection matters
Payment alternatives, including over the counter, web payments, lockbox, credit card, ACH as well as payment plan options