Overview of Cash Handling at Purdue
The collection and control of cash and cash items at Purdue University are important functions. Departments are authorized to collect money on behalf of the University through appropriate rate approval documents, contracts, or missions of the department.
Activities resulting in income generation or receipt of funds by Purdue University will be managed in a method, which maximizes the University's cash position while at the same time meets federal, state, or other regulations. Proper management of cash is the responsibility of each staff member. Management of cash includes the processing of cash, checks, credit cards, letter of credit, and electronic payments.
The Cash Handling Manual was developed by a campus-wide focus group to address cash handling procedures. The University Collections Office is responsible for maintaining and updating the Cash Handling Manual. Additionally, UCO is responsible for reviewing and maintaining all departmental cash handling plans and providing assistance to departments in the development of cash handling procedures. UCO in consultation with Internal Audit will assist departments in analyzing the control environment most effective for their operation.
- Cash Handling Expectations
- Departmental Cash Handling Status Report
- Cash Handling Manual
- Electronic Cash Handling Plan
- Electronic Separation of Duties - Schedule A
- Electronic Separation of Duties - Schedule B
- Procedures for Cash Payments Over $10,000
- IRS Form 8300 and Instructions
- Participant Roster - Cash Handling Form
- Cash Acknowledgment - Cash Handling Form