Approvals and Notifications
In the new travel transformation, processes were simplified including authorization/approvals. The integrated travel system has minimal pre-approvals with full notification. Go to the Travel Workflow for details.
Pre-Trip Approval is only required if it meets the following criteria:
- International and funded by ARO
- International and funded by EPA
- International and funded by a State Sponsored grant
- DOE Lab
- Sponsor required
- Departmental Mandate
- When a pre-trip cash advance is requested
- Students traveling internationally to countries with warnings
- When a flight upgrade is requested
Pre-trip approval is obtained through the completion of a “Trip Request” in the Concur Travel and Expense System.
Notification is required if travel is a significant distance from campus, even if Pre-trip Approval is not required. Notifications are created through the completion of a “Trip Request” in the Concur Travel and Expense System. If travel services are booked with the online Concur System, a “Trip Request” will automatically be created and initiate notifications. If travel services are booked outside of the online system, a manual “Trip Request” in Concur will be required to initiate notifications.
Notification reports will be sent overnight by email to:
- Traveler's Delegate/Arranger
- Traveler's Supervisor
- Chief of all funding sources allocated
- Co-PI of all funding sources allocated
- Fiscal Approver of all funding sources allocated
Blanket Travel is defined as any travel that does not include a common carrier ticket (air or train), and does not require a “Trip Request” or any pre-trip approval or notification.