Business Office Responsibilities
The current trends in proposal processing are towards large, interdisciplinary proposals. These proposals may require substantial involvement with Purdue participants (which may include the President, Vice Presidents, Deans and Department Heads) and also with other Universities. To assist the PI with the process, these responsibilities will help provide a transparent but effective process for the development of interdisciplinary proposals.
- Upon notification from the PI of the pending proposal, submit a proposal notification request to SPS Pre-Award Services
- Obtain and review sponsor guidelines, note any unusual requirements
- Develop timeline for all input and approvals
- Determine with PI if any unlike circumstances exist. If so, explain that they need to be documented in the cost proposal/budget justification.
- If a subcontractor is budgeted, ask the PI to provide the sub's administrative contact information to the appropriate SPS Pre-Award staff member
- Discuss cost sharing and establish c/s budget early
- Request cost share approval early in the proposal process
- Remain in contact with the PI throughout the process and include SPS Pre-Award and the School's Business Manager as needed