Jump to other news and events
Duties of Records Management:
- Develops and issues standards and guidelines for records management practices in accordance with legal and business needs.
- Administers the Records Management Policies
- V.B.3 Assignment of Authority and Responsibility for the Retention and Disposal of University Records
- Responds to public records requests and third-party subpoenas on behalf of the University.
- Leads University Records Coordinators in their records management practices, obligations and the preservation of evidentiary records.
- Develops and implements training and communications.
- Ensure employees have access to tools and training to perform their records management responsibilities.
- Oversees Freehafer Central files, offsite storage and imaging in support of Business Services.
Benefits of the Records Management Program:
- Facilitates the management of records from creation to disposition.
- Minimizes audit and litigation risk, expense, and exposure.
- Reduces the cost of office, data, and records center space (active and inactive storage).
- Ensures records are protected, secure, and accessible.