Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk FAQ's
- How do I obtain access to SRM?
Verify if the role is already on your position. Visit the business purdue website and select Accounting/Acess & Roles in the top menu. Under Resources > follwo theinstrucitons Looking at Roles by Position. If you are new to the position you need to wait for the an email from the Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk telling you that the roles have been assigned to you. If the role is not listed then follow the process to request a role on an existing position.
- How to set user settings in SRM?
The instructions are on the SRM Instruction Manual page of the Procurement Services Site.
Please update your information, such as name, phone, email address, and fax number. Please note that phone and fax numbers should be formatted to include the full 10 digits (xxx-xxx-xxxx). This information is visible on purchase orders to vendors.
- What if I change jobs and/or depts. will it affect my access to SRM?
When you are moved into the new position you will inherit the roles for the new position. For SRM roles there is extra processing time for you to be added to the SRM Org structure. An email with be sent by the Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk when the process is complete. Do not access SRM until you receive this email.
- How do I know who the Purchasing Agent/Purchasing Assistant is for a specific commodity?
The Procurement Services website has a listing of the commodities by Purchasing Agent/Purchasing Assistant.
- How do I know if a vendor is in SRM? If not, is there an alternative?
There are two ways to search for a vendor:
1) In SRM, under sources of suppply, click the binoculars next to preferred vendor and search in the last name field, using asterisks (*) in front and behind partial name. Additionally, search the name 2 field.
2) Run t-code MK03 in R3; search by partial name using asterisks (*) in front and behind partial name. Lastly, verify the Non-entry/Cross Reference Log for alternate vendors.
- Who should a vendor contact if they have a question about an invoice or payment?
Please contact Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-494-7370.
- How do I add to an order once it is submitted?
Best practice is to create a new shopping cart for the items. In some cases adding to an existing PO is an option, with Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Assistant approval. Adding to an existing must be processed in SRM prior to any confirmations or invoices posting to the PO. Adding aline to a purchase order may be done at any time.
- How do I fix incorrect pricing on a submitted order?
Prepare a Form 26, obtain appropriate signature for fiscal authorization, and send to Procurement Services/FREH. This must be processed in SRM prior to any confirmations or invoices posting to the PO. If a confirmation or invoice has posted, this will fall under the Blocked Invoice process in Accounts Payable.
- How do I partially receive an order?
Change the quantity in the confirmation to reflect the number of items physically received. If you will not receive anymore, then check the last delivery box. Only check the last delivery box when you know for sure that you will not be receiving anymore items per line item. If you check the last delivery box and then determine you need to confirm additional items, contact the Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk, (765) 494-7279 or email@example.com for assistance.
- How do I get an order re-sent (that was not received by the vendor)?
Email or call the Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 494-7279. The Helpdesk will resend the PO to the vendor. Departments should never send a copy of a shopping cart, nor a copy of the PO that was emailed to them to the vendor. Failure to follow this process may result in a duplication of the order from the vendor.