I-9 Employment Verification
|Employees: Click here to complete Section 1 of the I-9 Form|
|I-9 Completers: Click here to log in to the I-9 Management System|
What is I-9 Employment Verification?
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires employers to hire only persons who may legally work in the United States-which are...
- Nationals of the United States
- Legal Permanent Residents
- Aliens authorized to work
We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of nation origin or citizenship.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 is used by the employer to verify that persons are eligible to work in the United States and must be completed at the time of hire or rehire.
The Law Requires:
- The employee must have an opportunity to review the I-9 instructions
- The employee completes Section 1 of the I-9 Form
- Original documents are reviewed, establishing both identity and employment eligibility
- The I-9 Completer properly complete Section 2 of the I-9 Form
Employers are not to specify which documents an employee can use to prove their identity and employment eligibility. The employee must be given an opportunity to review the list of acceptable documents and choose either one from List A OR one from List B AND one from List C.
Hiring Department/I-9 Completer
Completes Section 1 of the I-9 Form
Presents original documents
Verifies original documentation presented
Collects and transfers needed information for the Electronic I-9 System.
Creates reports for monitoring status expires, and missing info
Train and assist Business Office staff on proper documentation and monitoring of the Electronic I-9 System
- I-9 Completer Training
- International Students and Scholars
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - Handbook for Employers
- Electronic I-9 Service Request Form
- For questions about the Electronic I-9, send email to: I-9Support@purdue.edu
- Electronic I-94 Access
- Online Electronic I-9 Service (TALX) Quick Reference Cards
- Offer Letter Statement (This statement should be included in all new hire/rehire offer letters/emails.)
- Quick Reference Cards
- Completing Section 3 of the TALX Electronic I-9 Service
- Electronic I-9/E-Verify Procedure
- Final Tentative Non Confirmation (TNC)
- How to Populate InfoType 94 and InfoType 48 within SAP
- How to Move a Rehire/Transfer to a New Location/Campus
- New I-9 of the TALX Electronic I-9 Service
- Requesting Access to TALX Electronic I-9 Service
Donna Mullins (I-9 Processor) 49-46765 Freehafer Hall (FREH)
International Students and Scholars 49-45770 Schleman Hall 136