Download the I-9 Form (Paper form is needed for notary process.)
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires employers to hire only persons who may legally work in the United States-which are...
- Nationals of the United States
- Aliens authorized to work
We do no discriminate against individuals on the basis of nation origin or citizenship.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 is used by the employer to verify that persons are eligible to work in the United States and must be completed at the time of hire or rehire.
The Law Requires you to:
- Give the employee an opportunity to review the I-9 instructions
- Ensure that the employee completes section 1 of the I-9 Form
- Review original documents establishing both identity and employment eligibility
- Properly complete section 2 of the I-9 Form
Employers are not to specify which documents an employee can use to prove their identity and employment eligibility. The employee must be given an opportunity to review the list of acceptable documents and choose either one from List A OR one from List B AND one from List C.
- Completes section 1 of the I-9 Form
- Presents original documents
Hiring Department/I-9 Completer
- Verifies original documentation presented
- Collects and transfers needed information for the Electronic I-9 System.
- Creates reports for monitoring status expires, and missing info.
- Train and assist Business Office staff on proper documentation and monitoring of the Electronic I-9 System.
- Completing Section 3 of the TALX Electronic I-9 Service
- Electronic I-9/E-Verify Procedure
- Final Tentative Non Confirmation (TNC)
- Handling Hard Copies of I-9 Forms and Documents when the System is Available
- How to Populate InfoType 94 and InfoType 48 within SAP
- How to Move a Rehire/Transfer to a New Location/Campus
- New I-9 of the TALX Electronic I-9 Service
- Requesting Access to TALX Electronic I-9 Service
- I-9 Process for Off-Campus Employees
- Electronic I-9 Service Request Form
- For questions about the Electronic I-9, send email to: I-9Support@purdue.edu
- Online Electronic I-9 Service (TALX) Quick Reference Cards
- Offer Letter Statement
- This statement should be included in all new hire/rehire offer letters/emails.
Donna Mullins (I-9 Processor)
Freehafer Hall (FREH)
International Students and Scholars
Schleman Hall 136
Where to look for I-9 info.
- IT 94, Residence Status (I-9) - Providing residency status
- IT 48, Residence Status - Providing the visa type and expiration date
Where to pull upcoming expiry and missing information reports.
- ZHR - Exp Report Here
- ZHR - Missing Report Here