The department of Property Accounting is responsible for the accounting controls, records, operations, and reporting for all moveable capital equipment. Capital equipment, known as assets, can be identified with inventory tags or having an original acquisition value greater than $5,000. An inventory of capitalized moveable assets is performed and maintained by Property Accounting staff with departmental cooperation. The disposal of equipment acquired through the University by purchase, lease, donation, loan, etc... must have prior approval from Property Accounting.
- The Billboard - Instructions for Purdue’s advertising website for departments to advertise their excess to other Purdue University’s departments.
- Capital Asset Listings – Information on how to request a list of moveable capital assets along with details on the fields you will see in your listing.
- Policy & Procedures - For more in-depth information on policies and responsibilities for capital assets to meet the Federal Government requirements.
- Property Accounting Electronic Forms – There are multiple functions such as sending equipment to Purdue Warehouse & Surplus Store for sale or disposal, cannibalize by department, change in location, transfer to another department, report item stolen, donating to a non-profit organization, requesting to use University equipment off campus, change in asset funding, responding to an inventory reconciliation, etc…. that require an electronic form to be submitted.
- Property Accounting SAP Asset Module – Assets are updated daily as new capital equipment is acquired, moved, or disposed of. You will find instructions on how to inquiry on an inventory number in the Asset Module of SAP.
- Purchasing Capital Equipment – A quick and easy reference guide for purchasing capital equipment.
- Verification of Equipment Non-Availability Form – Equipment screening for any item being purchased in whole or in part with Federal funds greater than $25,000
Current Process as of 1/7/15