Budgeting of non-salary lines is a very simple task to complete. It is important to note that one line must be entered for each item category to make certain that proper inflation and F&A is applied to each line.
Add an Other Direct Cost Line
1. Click "Add Direct Costs" to generate a new line (if applicable)
2. Select "Type" from drop down options
3. Enter "Description". Free text field for internal reference only.
4. "Qty" field: DO NOT USE
5. Enter "Funds Requested($)". Amount to be budgeted for this project period.
6. Click "Save"
7. Repeat steps 1-5 for all additional Other Direct Costs to be budgeted.
Available Other Direct Costs Line Categories
There are currently twenty-three line types available that categorize the different types of Other Direct Costs that can be budgeted.
- Alterations & Renovations (non capital)
- Animal Purchases
- Conference Expenses
- Equipment - Fabricated Equipment
- Grad Fee Remissions
- Graduate Student Insurance
- Human Subjects
- Maintenance Contracts
- Other - Excluded from Base
- Other - Included in Base
- Other Supplies & Expense
- Special Programming
- Subcontractors F&A (NIH only - w/o PU F&A)
- Subcontractors F&A (NIH only - with PU F&A)
- Subcontracts with F&A <= $25k
- Subcontracts without F&A
Remove an Other Direct Costs Line
1. Click the "Remove" link next to the Other Direct Costs line you wish to remove from budget.
2. Window will open asking for confirmation to remove line. Click "OK"
3. Click "Save"