Budgeting Fiscal Year (or Calendar) salaries follows the same process as AY and Summer lines. However, it differs in the sense that normally only one FY line is needed to account for an individual's salary for a given project period. This is due to the fact that FY pay has the same monthly rate for every budgeted month within the period.
Add FY Salary Lines
For each allotment of salary in a given project period, a separate line must be entered.
|NOTE: Make sure to select only those individuals with a 12M DURATION for FY salary lines.|
1. Click on the Personnel Budget link in the Budget Periods section of the left navigation pane.
2. Click "Add Person"
3. Select the individual to have salary budgeted by checking the box next to their name.
4. Click "Save". The individual will have a new salary line created in the Personnel Budget window.
5. Repeat each step for all additional salary lines for that individual for Period 1.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for all additional employees with budgeted salary.
Complete the FY Salary Lines
Each entered salary line for all individuals must have various criteria defined in order to accurately account for budgeted salary. Each line depicts a portion of salary for that person for each project period.
1. Define Salary Type: Choose from the drop down list the appropriate position category. This is used to designate the type of default fringe benefits and inflation for this line.
2. Define Period: Select "Calendar" from the option list
3. %Charged: Enter the percentage of salary for this line to be charged to project
4. %Effort: Enter the percentage of time that will be spent on project
5. Start Date: Define the start date of the salary budgeted for this line
6. End Date: Define the end date of the salary budgeted for this line
|NOTE: Start and End Dates for listed salary lines must fall within the listed time frame of the project period.|
7. Click "Save"
8. Repeat for all remaining Calendar Salary lines