The division of Credit on a proposal must be determined by the named Investigators prior to the completion of the proposal's Credit Split. The Credit Split window may be revised at any time while the proposal record is still in "Pending" status, but cannot be saved if only partially completed.
If an Investigator has a split appointment where multiple units will be receiving credit on a specific proposal, the agreed distribution of credit for those departments must also be identified prior to the completion of the Credit Split window.
Departmental Credit Split
All proposals must have the Department Credit column completed. For non-Discovery Park projects, the Discovery Park Credit column should always be left at 0% for all fields listed.
Part A: Complete Investigator Split
The total project credit available is always 100% and cannot be more. Every listed Investigator will get some pre-determined portion of this credit that may range from 0%-100%. Regardless of how the credit is distributed, the sum of credit for all Investigators must always equal 100%
1. Listed Investigators must agree on the distribution of credit for the project.
2. Open the Credit Split window by clicking the "Credit Split" link in the left navigation pane.
3. In the Departmental Credit column ONLY, enter in the amount of project credit each Investigator is designated to the right of the Investigator's name.
4. Once all credit has been distributed, ensure that the Investigator Total in the Department Credit column ONLY equals 100%.
5. Do not save until the Unit Credit Split is complete
|NOTE: If the Investigator Total and ALL Unit Totals do NOT equal 100%, the system will not allow you to save the Credit Split.|
Part B: Complete Unit Split
Once proposal credit has been distributed amongst the named Investigators on a proposal, it is then necessary to distribute the individual credit to the Investigator's listed units.
1. Each Investigator's Unit Credit split must be completed one at a time.
2. For each Investigator, enter the appropriate predetermined distribution of assigned credit in the fields to the right of each listed unit.
3. Unit totals for each listed Investigator must also equal 100%
|NOTE: Even if an Investigator is listed at 0% of project credit, the Unit distribution must still be completed to equal a Unit Total of 100%.|
4. Click "Save"