Budgeting a proposal in CoeusLite is a relatively easy process. However, certain steps must be followed in the appropriate sequence for the budget to calculate correctly.
System Provided Information
Coeus contains centrally managed components of budgetary information that is made accessible through the system. The benefit to this is that Users are not required to look up and manually add in these aspects each time they wish to complete a proposal budget. System managed information includes:
- All employee salaries, both faculty and staff
- All Institutionally approved F&A rates
- All Institutionally approved Fringe Benefit rates
- All Institutionally approved Inflation rates
Navigate Between the Budget and Proposal Details
Navigate to Budget
1. A proposal record must first be open in Edit
2. Click on the "Budget" link located in the left hand navigation pane.
3. The Proposal Details will close and the screen will change to reflect the Budget module
Navigate from Budget
1. To return to the proposal details you must first be in a budget
2. Click on the Return to Proposal link
3. The Budget will close and the Details section of the proposal will re-open.
At a high level view, these are the necessary steps to accurately complete a proposal budget in the Coeus system:
1. Complete the minimum required fields on the General Info screen to save the record.
2. (Optional) Complete the Investigator/Key Persons tab. This will pre-populate the Personnel list in the budget.
3. Open a new Proposal Budget
4. Complete the Budget Personnel screen to define who shall receive salary from the proposal and at what monthly rate.
5. Complete period 1 budget Personnel Salary(if applicable)
6. Complete period 1 budgeted Equipment (if applicable)
7. Complete period 1 budgeted Travel expenses (if applicable)
8. Complete period 1 budgeted Participant/Trainee costs(if applicable)
9. Complete period 1 budget Other Direct Costs (if applicable)
10. Automatically generate the remaining project periods