Each person to be named on a proposal must be individually entered into the record. When determining who to name, keep the following in mind:
- Named Investigators will be listed for Credit Split distribution, Key Persons will not.
- Both named Investigators and Key Persons will be automatically listed in the budget for salary assignment.
- Named Investigators will be automatically entered into sponsor forms for S2S submissions.
- Key Persons should only be those who would also be considered a Key Person in a Grants.gov package. Any individual named as a Key Person will be listed as such on S2S submissions.
Add an Investigator/Key Person
|NOTE: By default, the first person entered into the Investigators/Key Persons screen on a Coeus record will be designated as the lead PI.|
1. The Investigators/Key Persons screen must be open
2. In the Investigators/Key Study Personnel Details section, click the "Employee Search" link. This should open a standard employee search screen.
3. Complete the employee search for the desired individual
4. Select the desired individual from the employee search results.
5. Once selected, the search screen should close and the selected employee should now be listed.
6. Define the appropriate Proposal Role for the individual from the drop down list (Co-Investigator or Key Study Person)
7. Click "Save" to add the designated Investigator or Key Person to the list.
|NOTE: If you do not click Save after you have named a specific Investigator/Key Person they will NOT be listed on the proposal.|