Coeus Lite - IRB Protocol
!!! IMPORTANT !!! - Submission of IRB Protocols through CoeusLite is for Extension Educator Exemption Requests ONLY. All HRPP Protocol submissions and revisions must be completed using hardcopy process.
Add an Investigator/Study Person
|By default, the first person entered into the Investigators/Key Persons screen on a Coeus record will be designated as the lead PI.|
1. The Investigators/Study Personnel screen must be open.
2. Click the "Add Investigator/Study Personnel button
3. In the Investigators/Study Personnel section, click the "Search/Add Person" link. This should open a standard Person Search screen.
NOTE: Investigators and Study Personnel who are not Purdue employees may not be initially available to add. If a non-employee cannot be found in the standard Person Search, please complete the online User Request form found at: https://www.purdue.edu/business/coeus/Requests/access.php to have them added to the available list of persons.
4. Complete the employee search for the desired individual.
5. Select the desired individual from the employee search results.
6. Once selected, the search screen should close and the selected employee should now be listed.
7. Define the appropriate Protocol Role for the individual from the drop down list (Co-Investigator or Study Personnel)
8. Define the appropriate Person Role for the individual by directly entering the text into the field. (Study Personnel ONLY)
9. Define the appropriate Affiliation for the individual from the drop down list (Faculty, Non-Faculty, Key Personnel, Non-Key Personnel, Consultant, Cooperative Extension Educator, Affiliate, Unaffiliated)
10. Click "Save" to add the designated Investigator or Protocol Personnel to the list.
|NOTE: If you do not click Save after you have named a specific Investigator/Study Person they will NOT be listed on the IRB protocol submission.|