Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature


Two basic rules define eligibility:

  • If you are at least 50% FTE, in a permanent position, and you are going to be employed at the West Lafayette campus for at least 1 semester, you are eligible for a photo ID.
  • If you are teaching a class at the West Lafayette Campus for at least 1 semester, you qualify for a photo ID. Teaching Assistants are not eligible for a Faculty/Staff card.

When there is doubt regarding your eligibility, the Card Services Office will make the final determination of your eligibility based on the documentation you submit.

You are not eligible for a Purdue ID card if you are a regional campus staff or faculty member, or a U.S. resident who is working at Purdue West Lafayette for less than 1 academic year and not teaching a class. Only regularly enrolled students qualify for a student ID Card.

If you are not eligible for a Purdue ID card, you can use the library by doing the following:

  • Non-students may obtain a library permit from any library on campus.
  • Indiana state residents must show a driver's license or photo ID and proof of state residence.
  • If you are a CIC, IARL or ARL/OCLC faculty member, you must show your current CIC, IARL or ARL/OCLC card and valid university ID from your home institution.