The Purdue signature
The Purdue "signature" logo is the primary identifier for Purdue University. More information can be found in the Purdue Brand Manual.
Your digital photo image is printed on the card.
Your name will appear on your card as it appears in current Purdue University records.
The Purdue University Identification (PUID) is a 10-digit number unique to each individual designed to
- correctly and consistently establish an individual's distinct identity for university business;
- have value only in the Purdue University system;
- primary university identifier;
- serve as one piece of identification. In addition, other means of authentication such as a PIN, date of birth, or other information may be required;
- allow an individual to access information or services when used with additional information;
- remain the same even when an individual's relationship with Purdue changes over time.
Your primary university classification will appear at the bottom of the ID card. Classifications include Purdue University Student, Faculty/Staff, Visiting Scholar, Religious Leader, and Retiree. If your classification changes please contact the Card Services Office.
The Purdue Mall Fountain, seen lighted at night, is featured in the background photo.
When your card is swiped, the information on the magnetic stripe links to your record on the ID Card System. The ID Card System verifies your eligibility for services as well as your academic or employment standing when status is required (for example, to receive a student or faculty/staff discount).
Do not punch holes in the magnetic stripe. Close proximity to magnetic fields (TVs, stereos, microwaves, computers) may erase the data on the magnetic stripe on the back of the card. Do not affix any item to the magnetic stripe. To help protect the magnetic stripe from scratches and wear, ID cards should be carried in a protective holder or wallet.
This card is your official University ID, and should be carried at all times. It is the property of Purdue University, and the policies and procedures of the University govern its use. This card is NOT TRANSFERABLE. The University is not responsible for any loss or expenses resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of this card. A replacement fee will be charged if this card is lost, damaged, or stolen. If found, please return the card to Card Services; Purdue Memorial Union Room 130; 101 N. Grant Street; West Lafayette, IN 47906-3574. Phone: 765-494-8960