Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

Top 10 Questions

How can my parent or guardian have access to my billing account?

  • Students can add Authorized Users to their account for others to view invoices and pay bills online

    a. Log into MyPurdue and click on the ‘Financial’ tab
    b. Click ‘Manage My Account’ which opens up TouchNet, the payment portal
    c. Select the ‘Authorized User’ tab at the top of the page
    d. Enter the email address of the person you wish to authorize.

    The person will be sent an email with a link and password to TouchNet which will give them the ability to view and pay bills online.

When can I confirm my enrollment?

  • Students can confirm enrollment once the invoices are released and the balance is paid in full either by personal payments and/or financial aid.

When is my bill really due and when will I be cancelled.

  • Tuition and fees are always due, paid in full, on the first day of the semester.  Cancellation is the Monday after the start of classes in the Fall and Spring semesters.  If the student is not paid in full by 4:00pm the Monday after classes start, they will be subject to cancellation of their registration. Summer cancellation varies depending on the length of the Modules. There will be email notifications sent to the student's Purdue email address notifying them of any pending issues or cancellation.

How do I pay my bill?

  • You can pay online thru your MyPurdue with a checking or savings account as an electronic check free of charge. You can also pay online with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, however there is a convenience fee of 2.75% when paying via credit card.

    If making the payment online, please click on this link for detailed instructions.
  • You can pay in person at the Teller window on the ground floor of Hovde Hall by check, traveler's checks or cashier's check. Checks can also be dropped in our drop box beside door 9 in Hovde Hall, or mailed to the Bursar Office. (See #4 for address).
  • You can send a wire transfer as payment on your account. Please make sure to include your Purdue ID number on the wire transfer. Click here for more information on wire transfers.

Where do I mail a check? (REMINDER: Be sure to put PUID on the check!)

  • Purdue University
    Bursar's Office, Hovde Hall
    610 Purdue Mall
    West Lafayette, IN 47907-2040

Can I pay by credit card at the window or over the phone?

  • No, we do not have the capability of processing credit card or debit card payments in our office. Credit card payments must be done on-line and are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee for processing.

    Please make sure that you do not use your debit card as a credit card for payment. Instead, use the electronic check option by entering your routing number and account number from your checking account and make the payment online, or you can bring a check, money order, cashier’s check, or cash to the teller window on the first floor of Hovde Hall.

Reminder: Do not use a Debit Card as a credit card in order to avoid the 2.75% processing fee.

When will my excess refund be sent?

  • For a refund to process, the student must be in "Accepted" status.  Financial aid refunds are dependent upon financial aid having been fully processed and received by the University.  Financial aid will being the refund process once it is released to the student’s account.  If the refund is the result of an overpayment of a personal payment on the student’s account, it is held 14 days before refunding.

Where was my refund check sent, and when was it disbursed?

  • To see when a refund was disbursed, please check your ‘Account Activity' on your MyPurdue. Direct deposit refunds (labeled UACH) are done every day, Monday through Friday, and take 24-48 hours to credit your bank account. Paper check refunds (labeled URFD) are done once a week on Fridays. Contact the Bursar's Office at (765) 494-8346, Room 130 Hovde for additional information.

Where can I obtain historical payment information and print a receipt?

  • In the TouchNet Payment portal (accessible for students through MyPurdue > ‘Financial’ Tab > ‘Manage My Account, or for Authorized users at https://secure.touchnet.com/C21261_tsa/web/login.jsp), go to the ‘Payment’ tab, then the ‘Payment History’ link. From there, you can indicate the time period that you would like to search for information, or filter on a few various types of information.

Why do I have a hold?

  • Please visit your MyPurdue to determine which type of hold has been placed on your account. Holds are located under the Academic or Financial tab on the left under “Do I have any Holds?” Please make sure to review the contact list and contact the correct office in charge of the hold on your account.

    If you have a "Banner Accounts Receivable" hold, please make sure it is not due to a past due balance on your account. You can check this by going to your MyPurdue > Financial > Manage My Account > Account Activity and check current and past semesters which should show any charges that are past due.

    If the hold is a "No Direct Deposit auth on file" hold, this is an internal hold to let us know that you haven't signed up for direct deposit of refunds on MyPurdue. Its sole function is to advise you that direct deposit is available for Bursar-administered accounts. It does not prohibit registration, graduation, grades, transcripts, etc.