Requesting DSS Access
The Requester must:
- Ensure that the need for access has been assessed and confirmed by the department and fits witHIn the department's goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the individual has received and signed a departmental security document outlining expectations according to Exec. Memo. C-34.
- Complete the on-line DSS Access Request Form. THIs form sends the request via e-mail to the appropriate data steward(s). Make sure to specify the level of access (general, default or complete) for each type of data (student, human resource, or financial).
- If access to Social Security Number is needed, complete the DSS Exception for SSN Access form.
- Forward a copy of the approved training request form to your Training Coordinator who will then forward to the HR/FIN WAI Analyst or Student WAI Business Analyst.
- If the request has not been completed witHIn two weeks, follow-up with an e-mail to the WAI Analyst.
NOTE: Requests for HR/Financial accesses made toward the end of a month may not be completed until after monthly refresh has taken place.