New Web-based PAR Training Available - 05/3/11
Staff who complete Personnel Activity Report (PAR) training may now choose either the traditional instructor-led course or a Web-based course available through Blackboard.
The new online course opened for registration today. It includes the same information provided at the live course; however, staff who opt for online training must pick up their PARs in person at one of the following:
— Costing Department (Freehafer), 1-5 p.m., Thursday, May 12
— Costing Department, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday, May 13
— Instructor-led training sessions:
• 2:30-5 p.m., Wednesday, May 11
• 9:30 a.m.-noon, Thursday, May 12
(Both sessions meet in Room 1142, Lawson Computer Service Building)
The deadline to pick up spring PARs is 5 p.m., Friday, May 13. PARs are being sent to the regional campuses via FedEx on May 13.
Completion of the online spring 2010-11 PAR training, including assessment, must occur before 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 10 to be exempt from attending one of the instructor-led classes on May 11 or 12.
To register for the online course, please follow these steps:
1. Click BPARS 100—Introduction to Certification of Effort.
2. Click “Add to Cart.”
3. Click “Checkout.”
4. Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5. Confirm that the registration information that displays is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Verify that the information that displays is correct and click “Process Registration” to complete the registration. Within 24 hours of enrolling, registrants can expect to find the course on their Blackboard course list.
7. Access Blackboard by logging in to the Blackboard (Purdue Non-academic Campus) portal, available through the Business Services Training and Communications website and the BSTC Training Calendar.
Staff who wish to attend either of the instructor-led courses or plan to view the May 12 presentation remotely via AdobeConnect also must register. Please see the April 14 Business @ Purdue News article, “Spring 2010-11 PAR Training Open for Enrollment,” for details.
Additional information about both the online and instructor-led courses is available from the BSTC at bstcHelp@purdue.edu.