New FMBB Budgeting Workbench Course Available for Registration - 02/24/11
A newly developed ‘‘FMBB 100 -- Preposting FMBB Budgeting Workbench’’ course has opened for enrollment.
‘‘FMBB 100’’ covers new system functionality being rolled out by Budget & Fiscal Planning and Accounting Services. (See ‘‘New FMBB Prepost Functionality to Be Introduced’’ in today’s Business @ Purdue News.) The new function allows staff to prepost their FMBB Budgeting Workbench directly into SAP, and thus eliminates duplication of efforts while it reduces the potential for keying errors.
The training includes hands-on preposting scenarios and overview of the updated "Create Budget Transfer FMBB Budgeting Workbench" process. Facilitators for the class are Kay Parker and Stacy Umlauf of Accounting Services, Katie Stair of Budget & Fiscal Planning, and Craig Fee of IT Enterprise Applications.
Staff can choose one of five sessions to attend. They are scheduled for:
- 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 15
- 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m., Thursday, March 17
- 10 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, March 22
All are meeting in Room 130 of Ross Enterprise Center, 1801 Kalberer Road.
Staff can ensure a space in the class by following these steps to enroll:
1. Click "FMBB 100 - Preposting FMBB Budgeting Workbench" (also available from the Business Services Training Calendar) to open Training Registration site.
2. Choose desired section (date and time) and click "Add to Cart."
3. Click "Checkout."
4. Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5. Verify that the registration information that displays is correct and click "Submit."
6. Verify that the section that displays is correct and click "Process Registration" to complete the registration.
Staff who attend the "FMBB 100" training will need to request a new role, FM210_000_BDGT_DOCUMENT_ENTRY, to allow them to enter the FMBB directly into SAP and prepost the document. The Role Request Application is available to staff online with their career account and password. It also can be completed and submitted online.
Please direct questions and comments about this class to the Business Services Training and Communications team at BSTCHelp@purdue.edu. Questions about the new FMBB process may be directed to Stacy Umlauf.