Registration Open for ‘Cost Sharing’ — Next in ‘Life Cycle of an Account’ Series - 09/1/11
“BLCA 270—Cost Sharing,” the seventh course in the series, “Life Cycle of an Account—Pre-award Through Closeout,” is open for registration.
The two-hour course covers cost sharing from proposal to close-out and the steps involved, including: award set-up, reconciliation, life of the project and meeting the cost share commitment. It is designed to inform Finance and Human Resource users of the different types of reports, the benefits of the reports and why reports should be run. The class is appropriate for staff of all levels from business offices and Comptroller and Sponsored Program Service areas.
“BLCA 270” will be conducted twice:
— 9:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 22 in Room 2058 of Rawls Hall
— 10 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, Sept. 27 in Freehafer 2-1 and 2-2
Participants need attend only one session. The Sept. 27 session will be available to regional campuses online via Adobe Connect.
Participants in “BLCA 270” — classroom or via Adobe Connect — must enroll following these steps:
1. Click BLCA 270—Cost Sharing (links are also available on the September page of the Business Services Training Calendar) to open the Training Registration site.
2. Select the desired section (Sept. 22 or 27) and click the adjacent “Add to Cart” button.
3. Click “Checkout.”
4. Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5. Confirm that the registration information that displays is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Verify that the section that displays is correct and click “Process Registration” to complete the registration.
BLCA 170—Introduction to Cost Sharing, an online, narrated, 30-minute prerequisite is recommended for staff who attend BLCA 270. The program can be accessed on the Life Cycle of an Account page of the Business Services Training and Communications (BSTC) website.
Questions and comments about the classes may be sent by email to the BSTC team at BSTCHelp@purdue.edu.