GM AIMS Account Projection Enhancements Announced - 10/18/11
Several enhancements to the GM AIMS Account Projection application go into effect Wednesday, Oct. 19.
|Please forward this information on to faculty and staff in your area that are using the GM AIMS Account Projection application. Accessing the application has been modified. All QRCs have been updated.|
The enhancements, based on user feedback, include a chargeable flag added to the header information of the Sponsored Program Summary and Salary Detail screens. The new flag, used when salaries are being projected, indicates whether the sponsored program is chargeable for fee remits and fringe benefits.
In addition, a new button, “Show Grad Details,” appears on the Salary Details screen. The button allows users to change the graduate student fee remits and graduate student insurance percentage that’s being projected to the sponsored program. When the button is clicked, a new column appears with a box to check if the total is 25 percent CUL for all the appointments. If the box is checked, 100 percent fee remits and 0 percent insurance are projected. The default settings are listed below; percentages can be manually changed.
• If a graduate student has a CUL of 25 percent, the default will be 50 percent fee remits and 50 percent insurance.
• If a graduate student has a CUL greater than 25 percent, the default will be 100 percent fee remits and 100 percent insurance.
Other minor enhancements are:
1. If you change the “Raise %” or the “Fringe Benefit %” on the Salary Details screen, the percentages will not be refreshed. The percentages will not go back to the default rates.
2. A reminder that you need to change the Period Amount appears on the Salary Details screen when you change an individual’s CUL for pay areas FY, AY and SU.
3. A “Show Balances” button has been added to the Account List to reflect the estimated projected balance. This screen is printable with the projected balances.
4. Co-PIs now have a “Grant Summary” view for just the sponsored programs they are responsible for.
5. A “Grant Summary (filtered)” button has been added to the Account List. This allows user to select multiple sponsored programs within the same grant and view a grant summary of just the selected sponsored programs. The Grant Summary will identify the report as displaying a limited number of sponsored programs.
6. The “Show Sponsored Program Details” button on the Grant Summary screen has been enhanced with a table at the bottom to show the projected totals by sponsored program. Users can select (highlight) specific sponsored programs to show the totals of just the selected sponsored programs.
7. “Responsible Cost Center” was added to the header of the Grant and Sponsored Program screen and the Salary Details screen.
8. Business office staff now has the option to search by Responsible Cost Center, Project Start Date, and Project End Date by clicking the “Advanced Filter” button.