REMINDER: New Vendor Allows Purdue Employees to Initiate Their Own Employment and Income Verifications - 03/27/12
Current and former Purdue employees have been using The Work Number (TWN) for employment and income verifications since December. The automated service has brought them a number of benefits not previously offered.
TWN is accessible by employees anytime and anywhere. It is intended to be a quick, convenient, accurate and secure service that generally provides the needed information within minutes. Employees are given control of the process with an individual salary key that authorizes the verifier access to salary information. It also reduces the University’s risk of releasing erroneous or unauthorized information.
As a review, here’s how current and former employees may access the service.
- Visit the Employment Verification Information page on the Payroll website, click “Access TWN” and log into the Purdue portal with Career Account and password.
- Log into Employee Self Service and choose “Payment.” On the right side of the page under “Employment Verification,” select “Click to create your Salary Key. This is needed for an income verification.” This link opens The Work Number portal, where user logs in again with Career Account and password. (The lender must have a salary key to access your salary information.)
- Phone The Work Number at 1-800-367-2884 and provide:
PIN (DOB = MMDDYYYY)
Purdue University’s employer code (14300)
Former employees separated between Jan. 1, 2000, and Dec. 31, 2006
Contact The Work Number at 1-800-367-2884 or www.theworknumber.com and provide:
• PUID number (Employees who do not have access to their PUID should contact Payroll at 765-496-6608.)
• PIN (DOB = MMDDYYYY)
• Purdue University’s employer code (14300)
Former Purdue employees separated before Jan. 1, 2000
Employment and income verifications for employees separated prior to Jan. 1, 2000, are no longer available.
The Work Number is a service of TALX Corp., familiar to numerous organizations, companies and agencies nationwide.
Please direct questions about employment and income verification to TWNSupport@purdue.edu.