Registration Opens for Next Course in Life Cycle of an Account Series - 12/6/12
“BLCA 220—Principles of Fund Establishment,” the third course in the 11-part series, “Policy Training for the Life Cycle of an Account: Pre-award Through Closeout,” is open for enrollment.
The course focuses on setting up different types of funds at Purdue, including payroll setup and cost sharing.
“BLCA 220” is offered twice:
• Thursday December 13, 8:30-9:45 a.m.
• Tuesday December 18, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
Both meet in Room 1011 of Rawls Hall (RAWL) located at 100 S. Grant Street. The Tuesday, December 18 session also is available remotely via Adobe Connect for registered participants located at a regional campus.
Staff must be registered to ensure their place in “BLCA 220.” Those who wish to attend via Adobe Connect also must register. Please follow these steps to enroll:
1. Click BLCA 220—Principles of Fund Establishment to open the Training Registration site.
2. Choose desired section (Dec. 13 or Dec. 18) and click “Add to Cart.”
3. Click “Checkout.”
4. Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5. Verify that the registration information that displays is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Verify that the section that displays is correct and click “Process Registration” to complete the registration.
All levels of staff involved in the financial management of research areas in business offices, the Comptroller area and SPS should consider attending the Life Cycle series. Interested employees should work with their supervisors to determine whether they need to attend.
Each session in the series examines a critical piece of the life cycle of an account, emphasizing the reasons behind University policies. Other classes in the series are: Cost Principles for Educational Institutions, Pre-award, Principles of Award Establishment, Account Management Day-to-Day Tasks, Signature Delegation, Cost Sharing, Account Management Correction and Certifications, Pre-auditor Training, Non-sponsored Program Accounts, and Account Management Closings.