How to Clear the Internet Explorer 7 Cache - 12/11/08
Following the recent upgrade of SAP, some users have been unable to see the Detailed Navigation menu items on the left hand side of the SAP Portal.
Following is the step-by-step process for setting up that capability:
1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
2. Launch one session of Internet Explorer.
3. From the upper menu, choose [Tools] -> [Internet Options].
4. Click the [Delete…] button in the middle of the pop up window under the “Browsing history” heading.
5. Click the [Delete files…], [Delete cookies…] and [Delete forms…] buttons. If any of the three buttons is greyed out, please contact your desktop support representatives.
6. After each delete button you click, you will be prompted to make sure you want to delete the files. Click [Yes].
7. After you are done with all three deletions, click the [Close] button.
8. Click [OK].
9. Launch the SAP Portal and login. You should now be able to see your Detailed Navigation.