Purdue University Executive Memoranda Master Listing
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
EXECUTIVE MEMORANDUM NO. B-32
(Supplements Vice President and Treasurer Memorandum No. A-22)
December 17, 1974
To: Deans, Chancellors, Directors, and Heads of Schools, Divisions, Departments, and Offices
Re: Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
The University is required to comply with the OSHA law and regulations.
ASSIGNMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Director of Physical Plant is hereby appointed the OSHA officer for the total University including Regional Campuses, farms, etc. He is responsible for and authorized to design and implement an OSHA program and to monitor and coordinate its accomplishment.
- Deans, Chancellors, Directors and Heads of Schools, Divisions, Departments and Offices are responsible for cooperating with the University OSHA Officer, and within their areas of responsibility, for taking such actions as may be necessary to comply with the OSHA law and regulations.
- It is understood that a number of administrative units not under the supervision of the Director of Physical Plant will have responsibilities for accomplishing certain aspects of the OSHA program, e.g., employee training (Personnel Services), record keeping (Staff Benefits and Payroll), radiological problems (Radiological Control), environmental health problems (Environmental Health and Sanitation Office), etc.
- To assist in OSHA responsibilities the University OSHA Officer is authorized to create an OSHA Advisory Committee consisting of staff members involved in the various aspects of the OSHA program as well as those who may possess pertinent technical expertise .
- With the concurrence of the Chancellors and the Chief Business Officers, the University OSHA Officer is authorized to appoint OSHA Officers at each of the Regional Campuses to assist in carrying out the OSHA program locally.
Arthur G. Hansen