Links: Secondary Navigation
Benefits of Recycling
- For every ton of waste paper recycled, 3.3 cubic yard of landfill space is saved.
- Recycling helps extend the life of existing landfill sites and reduces the need to create new landfills.
- Every ton of recycled office paper saves 380 gallons of oil.
- Making new paper from recycled paper uses 30-35% less energy than making paper from trees, and it reduces air pollution by 95%.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle will light a 100 watt bulb for four hours.
- Because glass takes so long to decompose, the bottle you throw away today might still be littering the landscape in the year 3000.
- The energy saved from one recycled aluminum can will operate a television set for three hours.
- It takes 95% less energy to make aluminum from scrap than from virgin materials.
- Recycling helps to keep collection cost down.
- Reusing material reduces operational cost.