Purdue University’s Brand Architecture Defined
The academic brand is to be used by ALL administrative and academic entities of the University and is represented by the "Purdue University" signature mark. No secondary graphic elements or word marks should be used in lieu of the signature mark. At no time should any of the marks be modified, stretched or distorted. The marks can not be used in any other color combinations other than those specifically called out in the Purdue University identity manual PDF.
- Attributes: Strong academic tradition
- Message: World Changing Research, Transformative Education, STEM Leader, Higher Education delivered at the Highest Proven Level / Land Grant Mission: Learning, Discovery, Engagement
- Affiliated Mark: The Purdue signature mark (and associated locks ups and co-brands) serves as the primary academic mark and the Griffin Seal is reserved for the President’s office, commencement and distinguished applications.
- Font: Myriad Pro, Chaparral Pro and Champion (headlines only)
The athletic brand marks are reserved for Intercollegiate Athletics, sideline student spirit groups and the Division of Recreational Sports and its sponsored club/affiliated sports. It also serves as the primary brand at retail. At no time should any of the marks be modified, stretched or distorted. The marks can not be used in any other color combinations other than those specifically called out in the Purdue Artwork Sheet. Some color variations are acceptable for retail consumer products; prior approval must be given by Purdue Trademarks and Licensing; email@example.com.
- Attributes: Character, Elite, Hardworking, Passionate, Strength, Determination
- Message: Champions, Citizens, Scholars
- Affiliated Marks: Motion P, Boilermaker Special, Purdue Pete
- Font: Frutiger, custom block font