Participants will review and run a variety of finance-related standard reports, providing opportunity to understand the purpose behind the report, and the benefits of using prompts in order to look at specific data.
This session introduces three stars from the FI Data Mart: Funds Management Annual Budget; Funds Management; and Financial Balances Stars. These stars provide ad-hoc reporting opportunities for college or departmental budget transactions and balances. The Funds Management Star, specifically, offers the opportunity to create transactional level ad hoc queries. Facilitators will explain how the data is staged within the three stars. Query Studio will be used throughout the training. Suggested participants are business managers and central office staff managing or reporting on financial data.
Attendees are required to have a Query Studio or Report Studio license, and a FI Data Mart role prior to attending the session.
Prerequisites to this course are:
- BI 150 – Business Intelligence Standard Reports Review OR BIFI 150 – Boiler Insight Finance Standard Reports
- COG 100 - Navigating Cognos Connection Portal
- COG 300 - Query Studio
- Data Handling Certification Please complete the Data Handling Certification before attending the first section.
- Dimensional Modeling 101 online course Please be sure to view the video before attending the first section.
Prior knowledge of SAP modules, performing transactions within SAP, and previous experience with reviewing or running balance-type reports will be beneficial prior to attending this course.
- BMD 100 - Master Data
- BSFM 100 - Introduction to Funds Management
- BSFM 200 - Building Transactions (Elements and Rules)
- BSFM 250 - Parking Documents
- Business Management Task Checklist