Interested in the “All-American” Marching Band’s itinerary for the Little Caesar’s Pizza Bowl? It will be a short but fun trip and the weather forecast looks favorable. So we’re looking for a lot of Boilermakers to join us in Detroit!
PURDUE “ALL-AMERICAN” MARCHING BAND
TENTATIVE TRIP ITINERARY
2011 LITTLE CAESAR’S BOWL
Monday, December 26
1:00-1:30 p.m. Check-in, Elliott Room 30.
1:15 p.m. Bus Heads meeting with Professor Gephart in his office.
1:30 p.m. Buses available for loading in front of Elliott Hall.
- Follow the instructions of the Operations crew as to where to take instruments and luggage.
- Baggage limit is: ONE suitcase, ONE garment bag, ONE carry-on, and your instrument. All belongings must be clearly identified! (Do not pack shoes or band hats in the garment bag!)
- Everyone must ride the assigned bus for the duration of the entire trip.
- Travel attire for the trip to Detroit: Purdue casual
- Kloset will be open for business if you need any items there.
- You should eat lunch before reporting to the Hall of Music
1:50 p.m. Bus heads check attendance and report to Max Jones.
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD BE ON BOARD ASSIGNED BUSES AND READY TO DEPART!
2:00 p.m. Depart for Ft. Wayne/Detroit
- Please use proper bus etiquette. No flash pictures while the bus is en route!
- Listen to all directions from bus heads and drivers.
5:00 p.m. Arrive at Glenbrook Square Mall in Fort Wayne for dinner.
6:15 p.m. Buses depart Mall for Northrop High School
6:30 p.m . Meet Ft. Wayne area band members at Northrop High School
701 Coldwater Road
Ft. Wayne, Indiana (260) 467-2300
6:45p.m. Depart Ft. Wayne for Detroit
10:00 p.m. Arrive at hotel; begin checking in.
- The Marriott Renaissance Center overlooks the Detroit River and Windsor, Ontario Canada. Located in the GM Renaissance Center, with shops, downtown Detroit restaurants and many services , the Marriott luxury hotel is located just 30 minutes from Detroit Metropolitan Airport; 5 minutes from Windsor, Canada
- The hotel address and contact information: Detroit Marriott® at the Renaissance Center; 400 Renaissance Center; Detroit, Michigan 48243 USA Phone: 1-313-568-800
- Credit card or cash deposit at the front desk will be necessary for use of room phones or hotel amenities.
- If you are arriving in Detroit on your own, note the separate sheet with directions to the hotel. Those meeting us in Detroit should plan to arrive at the hotel by 10pm.
- The food court has Rice Bowl Express, Burger King, That Sandwich Place, Coney Town, Fish City, Gyroland, McDonalds, Subway, Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and Zoup.
1:00 a.m. Curfew for the night-please be in rooms
Tuesday, December 27
7:00 a.m. Breakfast at Food Court.
8:00 a.m. Load Buses for rehearsal at Ford Stadium
8:30a.m. Depart for Rehearsal.
9:00-10:30a.m. Rehearsal at Ford Stadium
10:30 p.m. Load buses- 8 buses leave for hotel.
11:00a.m. Arrive at Hotel. Eat light lunch at the food court and change into uniforms for game. We will have a pizza event at 2pm.
- Full uniform including birds and gloves.
- Make sure you have appropriate undergarments.
- Use per diem for this meal.
1:30 p.m. Load buses for Little Caesar’s Bowl activities.
2:00 p.m. Depart for Ford Stadium and Purdue University Tailgate Pep Rally.
2:30 p.m. Purdue Alumni Tailgate Pep Rally at Ford Field. Playlist will be spirit tunes from beginning of Thrill on the Hill concerts.
3:10 p.m. Report to stadium seats. We will have time to get settled in our seats before reporting to the field for our pre-game performance.
4:11 p.m. Pre game show begins.
4:30 p.m. Game time. GO BOILERS!!
Dinner will be served in the stands(box lunch or hot dogs and a drink).
8:00 p.m. After game – time approximate.
- Return to buses. Those leaving for home after the game are free to go.
- Load equipment on buses.
- December grads and co-op students not returning to West Lafayette: make sure you give uniforms to Jason Mlady and instruments to J.T. Brennan.
8:30 p.m. Depart for hotel. Once you arrive at hotel. Report to room, change out of
uniform and relax for rest of night. If you plan to go to Windsor, Ontario,
you must have a passport!
Wednesday, December 28th
7:00 – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast available, food court, using available per diem.
8:30 a.m. Check out of hotel rooms. Buses available for loading.
- Settle any room charges.
- Take luggage to the parking lot and follow the directions of Operations in loading the buses.
- Casual attire is suitable for travel.
- Those students not returning to campus may depart for home or the airport.
- There will be no access to luggage until we return to campus, so make sure you have what you need!
9:20a..m. Bus heads report to Max Jones. We will depart as soon as attendance is complete.
9:30 a.m. Depart for home
12:30 p.m. Arrive at Northrop High School. Ft. Wayne area students depart for home.
West Lafayette students will stop at the Glenbrook Square Mall food court in Ft. Wayne for lunch, using available per diem.
4:30p.m. Estimated arrival time back in West Lafayette.
- Unload buses
- Make way to cars and return to apartment/dorm room or head home