Commitment to Career Development
recent years, the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics has formed
a solid relationship with the Purdue
University Center for Career Opportunities (CCO). The CCO has
established the following vision and strategic objectives:
- The Purdue University Center for Career Opportunities
will provide effective employment support and outstanding career
development services that positively influence life-long career
transitions among its students and graduates. The Center will
be globally recognized as a leader among career centers.
CCO Strategic Objectives:
- To function as a service-conscious organization that identifies
and addresses the needs of its student, employer, university and
state constituencies in a manner consistent with Purdue University's
- To achieve success through collaborations with students, faculty
and staff, employer clients, contemporaries at sister institutions
and other external stakeholders.
- To become a leader among campus units in functioning as a strategically
managed and outcomes-oriented service.
- To serve Purdue University as the primary information source
for career development and employer recruitment and hiring trends
as they relate to newly-minted college graduates.
- To broaden the delivery of services to students who seek career
opportunities with organizations that do not typically participate
in campus interviewing programs.
- To operate on the cutting edge of the career services profession
through technological advancement and innovative service delivery.
- To progress toward a truly comprehensive career services office
that provides career-related services to students at all levels
and to Purdue University alumni.
While the academics student services staff is
dedicated to the career development commitment area of the Life
Skills Program, we fully endorse the services and expertise of the
CCO staff. Each semester, seminars are conducted by CCO staff within
the athletics facilities. The seminars relate to choosing a major,
learning about occupations, job search strategies, finding summer
internships and employment, resume writing, interview techniques,
and campus career fairs and employer presentations.