Website Status Update
Diane Windler - Manager
The functions previously performed by the Office of the University Architect (OUA) are now addressed by Physical and Capital Planning (P&CP), Project Management and Construction (PM&C), and Energy and Engineering Services (EES). The P&CP website is available here. The Energy and Engineering Services website is available here. A new PM&C website is currently under development, however, essential information will be maintained in this location until the new website is launched. Thank you for your patience as these enhancements are completed.
In support of OUA's core business of quality planning and efficient project management of construction projects, the Process and Quality Control group is responsible for:
- Develop and implement processes to achieve consistency and optimization in the delivery of services to our clients. Balance the different approaches to project management and the need for quality assurance.
- Ensure that the project management processes are dynamically updated for all of OUA.
- Identify areas where process is lacking and institute process solutions. Work with OUA staff and collaborate with external departments (PFBO, O&M, etc).
- Resolve process issues. Seek feedback on existing processes and resolve issues that arise with the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Research and recommend new tools (internally developed or purchased) to advance better project management processes and/or client satisfaction.
- Create and maintain forms and templates for OUA staff. Organize and publish tools to ensure staff receives the necessary information and updates to meet performance expectations.
- Ensure forms, checklists, etc. are readily updated and available and serve as the point of contact for project management process tools in accordance with project management duties
- Research and develop feedback strategies. Conduct feedback (360) and manage marketing/PR aspects of project management through various communication strategies and mediums. Coordinate post project reviews with Physical Facilities staff and Clients.
- Compare missed expectations to targets and make recommendations for adjustments.
- Regularly and selectively evaluate areas in OUA . Solicit input on improvements to processes and measure performance. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure quality communication is occurring between OUA and clients, A/E's, and contractors.
Training & Professional Development
- Provide and/or coordinate training to ensure the learning of process and QA/QC required issues.
- Recommend and coordinate professional development opportunities for OUA staff and evaluate and make recommendations to supervisors on career performance and progression based on results of process, QC, and PR issues.
- Coordinate training materials for new hires across OUA in accordance with OUA expectations. Work with departmental managers to ensure effective and consistent training of new staff.
- Direct the needs for data and analysis for standard and ad-hoc reports and information from multiple systems.
- Identify metrics to be tracked with data and scheduling resources to produce:
- management reports for the administration (billing, workload, performance, and other key indicators)
- working reports for OUA staff and supervisors (financial and project status)
- status reports for clients
- Work with reporting and scheduling staff to create, maintain, and distribute reports.