About the Airport

The Purdue University Airport opened in November 1930 as the first university-owned airport in the country. It encompasses 537 acres divided into airside and landside facilities. The airside includes two runways, a system of parallel taxiways and an apron area. The landside consists of two passenger terminal buildings, "T" hangars, automobile parking and the connecting road network. Also located at the airport are academic buildings serving the Aviation Technology program. Due to the continued growth of the university and airport activities, consult FAA NOTAMS.

Buildings

  • One passenger terminal building
  • Five hangars and two small buildings used for academic activities
  • Two hangars used for commercial activities
  • Seven "T" hangars used for private and corporate aircraft storage (58 units)

Activity

  • 97,000 aircraft operations annually
  • Second-busiest airport in Indiana

Runways

  • 10/28 — 6600 x 150
  • 5/23 — 4220 x 100

Lighting

  • 10/28 — High intensity with approach aids, REIL 28, VASI 28, PAPI 10
  • 5/23 — Medium intensity with approach aids, REIL 5/23, VASI 23, PAPI 5
  • 10/28 — Medium approach lighting system (MALSR)

Instrument Approaches

  • ILS
  • VOR
  • NDB
  • RNAV
  • GPS

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Purdue University Airport

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the Purdue University Airport at bmstansbury@purdue.edu.