Academic Administrative Duties
- Complete necessary paperwork and forms for proper maintenance of student records.
- Enter course requisite overrides in Internet Native Banner( INB).
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Participate in COGNOS and Banner training/updates.
- Communicate scheduling issues to appropriate designee.
- Participate in professional development activities.
Senior Academic Advisor
- Collaborate and provide insight to schedule deputy regarding scheduling issues.
- Serve as college/department candidate coordinator.
- Perform audits for athletics, ROTC, and veterans.
- Serve on committees and provide input on University policies and procedures, admissions, etc.
- Represent department at special functions held by college/department and/or University.
- Design and implement programming, and communicate with prospective students interested in Change of Curricula (CODO).
- Provide guidance and assistance to students with plan of study projection for financial aid appeals.
- Participate in training of new academic advisors, with assistance of assistant/associate director.
- Support student leadership development: student council.
- Collect and analyze data for further analysis.
- Assesses unit/operation functions and develops and implements policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Initiates and prepares administrative reports and documents; may include data analysis.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned staff or supervises all of their academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or student support activities.
- Develops work plans, policies and reports in accordance with established unit and department objectives and funding limitations.
- Acts as liaison with the community, students, faculty and staff in facilitating University programs.
- Evaluate applicants for reentry/readmission.
- Act as signature authority to ensure accurate student record-keeping for items such as Change of Curricula (CODO), University Withdrawals, Credit Transfers, Graduation Index Adjustments, etc.
- Provide assistance to schedule deputy regarding scheduling issues, including coordinating collection of space requirement forecast for courses.
- Play an integral role and represent college/department on committees established to design and implement changes to University policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning and implementation of college/department commencement activities.
- Develop COGNOS reports, and coordinate training in COGNOS and Banner.
- Provide leadership for a large advising staff and ensure that best practices are followed.
- Plans, directs and reviews the academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or student support activities and operations of the department.
- Supervises directly and through subordinate supervisors all department staff or supervises all of the department's or college's academic advising, recruitment/retention, and/or student support activities and operations.
- Oversees and participates in the hiring, training and evaluation of department staff.
- Determines and takes appropriate corrective action and discipline, including termination.
- Confers with University officials, program directors, budget administrators and/or staff to make determinations for budget development, strategies, planning, requests, and management analysis and accountability reports.
- Represent college/department at community and campus events, in meetings, and with other University personnel, and during accreditation process.
- Review athletics, ROTC, and veterans audit results; identify issues that need resolved.
- Supervise advising, clerical and/or student staff members.
- Schedule and lead regular staff meetings.
- Assist in formulation of strategic plans for the college/department.
- Set expectations for course enrollment process and assess result each semester.
- Plan, present, assess and revise STAR programming.
- Provide input to administration regarding University regulations, policies and procedures; convey students' feedback regarding these items.
- Support and provide professional activities for staff.