Probation Email Template
Email Subject Line: Action Required, Probation
You have been placed on academic probation based on your previous semester grades.
Being on probation means you are at risk of being academically dropped from Purdue University if you do not significantly improve your grades during the upcoming semester. (Summer classes do not impact your academic standing at Purdue.) If you are dropped by Purdue, you will not be allowed to take courses at any Purdue campus for at least one fall or spring semester and will have to apply for readmission. Readmission is not guaranteed.
I am committed to helping you return to good academic standing, so I have initiated a Plan of Action for you to follow. Here are the first steps:
- Please review your transcript. If you believe any of your grades from the previous semester are incorrect, contact your professor directly.
- Look over your upcoming semester classes and ask yourself, "Do I need to add, drop or repeat any courses?"
Do not make any changes until you have confirmed these changes with me.
- Complete the Academic Intervention Assessment by <insert appropriate semester date here>.
- Schedule a meeting with me during the first two weeks of the semester.
During this meeting, our discussion will focus on:
- What probation means.
- How to return to good academic standing.
- Possible schedule changes.
- Campus resources.
Your return to good academic standing should be your top priority. I look forward to meeting with you soon to help you attain this goal.