Transfer Students and Credits
- Transfer credit information
- Ivy Tech Course Equivalents (PDF)
- Orientation programs for transfer students
- Foreign language placement
- University Regulations for degree requirements (Part 2, Section IV)
The Office of Admissions evaluates transcripts for possible transfer credit after students are admitted. Visit the Admissions Web site for more information, including information about TransferIN.net.
- Transfer credit accepted by Purdue is listed in terms of Purdue courses.
- Credit marked undistributed (und) must be distributed by academic advisors on behalf of the college/school.
- Coursework taken on study abroad programs not sponsored by Purdue is evaluated for credit by the Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Students who wish to take coursework at another university for credit, must follow these steps:
- The old process on paper has ended (CTR form 5). Students can now check an online database for courses that transfer to Purdue.
- The advising office of the student's college/school decides whether the coursework may be used to meet degree requirements.
- Students should have transcripts from the other university sent to Admissions as soon as possible after completing the coursework.
These programs are offered by SATS and are free of charge.
- Designed specifically for transfer students; freshmen beginners will not be accommodated in this program.
- Held the Saturday before classes begin.
- Students are mailed invitations.
- Open to all students starting at Purdue in the spring semester.