Transfer Students and Credits
- Transfer credit accepted by Purdue is listed in terms of Purdue courses.
- Credit marked undistributed (for example, UND 1XXXX) must be distributed by academic advisors on behalf of the college or school.
- Coursework taken on study abroad programs not sponsored by Purdue is evaluated for credit by the Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Students who wish to take coursework at another university for credit at Purdue must follow these steps:
- Research the course(s) using the Transfer Credit Database to determine how they will transfer back to Purdue.
- Ask their advisor how the credits can be used to meet their degree requirements.
- Take the course(s) and earn a C- or better.
- Request official transcripts from the summer school's registrar to be sent to Purdue Admissions as soon as possible after completion.
- Designed specifically for transfer students; freshmen beginners will not be accommodated in this program.
- Held on a parallel track with freshman Boiler Gold Rush.
- Open to all students starting at Purdue in the spring semester.
Transfer Credit Information
The Credit Evaluation Office (part of the Office of Admissions) evaluates transcripts for possible transfer credit after students are admitted. In order to earn a degree at Purdue, students must take 32 credit hours in residency on the Purdue campus. More specific requirements are listed in the Student University Regulations.
Orientation Programs for Transfer Students
These programs are offered by Student Success at Purdue (SSAP):