Summer Transition, Advising, and Registration (STAR)
Visit the Student Access, Transition, and Success (SATS) Web site for details about STAR and to access the online registration.
Students who do not attend STAR will not be advised and registered until after the program has concluded. Contact academic departments for specific dates and policies.
What is STAR?
STAR is an orientation program that gives admitted students the opportunity to:
- Meet their advisors
- Register for classes
- Take placement and advanced credit exams
- Get a student ID card
- Attend financial aid informational meetings
- Visit residence halls
- Buy athletic tickets
- Set up a bank account (at the Financial Institution Fair)
- Turn in health records
When is it held?
STAR occurs each summer from mid-June to mid-July.
Who must attend?
- All new domestic students (beginners and transfers)
- New international student attendance is optional
- Advanced credit exams through ODOS
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and Advanced-Level information
- Course information
- Honors College
- Horizons Student Support Program
- Learning Communities advisor site
- Placement and credit exams
- Switching Majors during STAR
- Task force report on STAR (PDF)