Definition of a Hold
A hold means the student is restricted from enrolling in classes and/or obtaining academic transcripts at Purdue University.
Common Reasons for Holds
- Nonpayment of library fines, parking tickets, and residence hall bills
- Disciplinary action taken by the Office of the Dean of Students
- Poor scholastic performance
- Failure to meet immunization requirements
Dismissed or Suspended Students
- These students may still request an academic transcript.
- The hold will remain in effect until such time the student is officially readmitted by the Committee on Scholastic Delinquencies and Readmissions or the suspension is removed by the Office of the Dean of Students.