Guidelines for Student-Athletes
- This is the student-athlete’s practice time block.
- It varies according to each team.
- Please do not remove an ICA.
Credit and Degree-applicable Hours
- Student-athletes must be enrolled in 12 credit hours per semester at all times.
- Student-athletes must obtain the following degree-applicable hours:
- 24 hours (all completed at Purdue) at the completion of their 1st year
- 51 hours at the completion of their 2nd year
- 78 hours at the completion of their 3rd year
- 105 hours at the completion of their 4th year
Selecting and Changing Majors
- Student-athletes are required to be in a coded major by the beginning of their fifth semester.
- Those wishing to CODO should contact the Athletics academic advisor.
- The student-athlete must be able to graduate in five years in the new major.
- Course grades that are deleted at the time of CODO are added back into the GPA for Athletics eligibility purposes.
“I” grades are calculated as “F” grades for student-athletes.