Sustainable Agronomic Systems includes three areas of concentration:
Agronomic Business and Marketing prepares students to meet the high demand for professionals in technical sales and marketing or professional field agronomy with strength in business. Students have the flexibility to tailor plans of study to meet their individualized interests and needs by combining strengths in business, marketing, and agronomy. The unique advantage of this option is the primary strength generated in cropping system management amplified by strength in agri-business management.
Agronomic Management is for students interested in applying basic agronomic information to practical situations or problems. This is an ideal option for students who plan to become a professional crops/soils manager as an agronomist, farm manager, soil conservationist, or a related profession. Those interested in crop management frequently select cropping systems, crop physiology, plant breeding, and forage management courses.
International Agronomy is designed for students interested in the agronomic aspects of international agricultural development. The program prepares students for opportunities in world agriculture through careers with social action agencies, government and/or private industry. Students in this major build a strong foundation in science to go along with their study of international trade, culture, religion, language, food security, and agricultural development.
Points of Pride
- Excellent employment opportunities in the agriscience and seed industries
- Excellent preparation for advanced degree studies in agriculture
- Curriculum prepares individuals to work with a variety of non-governmental and governmental agencies in support of agriculture, agribusiness, and/or agricultural development
- Students individually advised by faculty
- Exciting undergraduate research experience with internationally recognized faculty
- Extensive opportunities to study abroad
- Excellent internship opportunities
- High placement rates for students upon graduation
- Personalized attention in classes