Understand the interactions of living organisms and their relationships to soils, water, and air. Natural Resources and Environmental Science is an interdisciplinary science-based program with concentration areas in Air Quality, Environmental Policy Analysis and Economics, Land Resources, Water Quality, or a student-derived focus area. NRES graduates work for businesses, industries, non-profits, and governmental agencies. Others continue their education in environmental law, teaching, or working in research.
- Air Quality
- Environmental Policy and Analysis
- Land Resources
- Student Initiated
- Water Quality
Points of Pride
The program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach that is highly valued in the workplace.
- Plans of study are designed around a curriculum that allows students to tailor their education to their specific career goals.
- There is an emphasis on technical skills, including specific job skills such as GIS experience and on-the-job training.
- OSHA Hazard Waste Handling Certifications are included within the student's plan of study.
- The Natural Resources and Environmental Science program is one of the oldest environmental science programs in the United States.