A degree in mechanical engineering technology will prepare you for a broad range of positions throughout technology enterprises. You will learn how to manage people, processes, machines, and production resources. You’ll combine classroom learning with hands-on laboratory experience to understand how to solve mechanical problems and gain insights into the manufacturing production and design processes.
Graduates of this program are prepared for careers in emerging fields such as energy, material, technology development, product improvement, industrial processes, and operations.
Students in this program can apply to participate in five-year combined bachelor’s/master’s degree program in mechanical engineering technology.
Points of Pride:
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities incorporated into coursework
- Faculty combine extensive industrial experience with their interest in applied research projects that can give undergraduate students experience in solving real-world technical problems
- Focuses primarily on the applied aspects of science and engineering
- Areas of emphasis include nano/micro manufacturing, sustainable energy, green manufacturing, and robotics
- The mechanical engineering technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org