Computer and Information Technology prepares you for careers in the application of information systems and technology. You’ll learn how to increase efficiencies as you work with computer applications, management information systems, databases, and computer networks. Your tasks will include planning, analyzing, designing, constructing, and maintaining these areas.
You will learn to harness the power of computers, software, and computer networks to create information systems that solve business problems and create a competitive advantage. Information technology professionals are responsible for information systems that provide timely and correct information, support efficient business processes, and promote effective communication.
Points of Pride:
- State-of-the art laboratories made available through the generous support of industry partners
- Industry partnerships for student career employment opportunities
- Hands-on learning and teaching
- Small lab sizes for individual teaching
- Nationally recognized teaching faculty with significant industrial experience
- Nationally recognized research faculty with funded research projects
- The computer and information technology degree program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.