Building construction management (BCM) prepares students for a challenging and rewarding career in management within the construction industry. BCM students learn to organize, lead, and manage people, materials, and processes of construction utilizing the latest technologies within the industry.
Points of Pride
- The BCM department is recognized as one of the top building construction management programs in the country with faculty whose expertise covers all segments of the profession.
- Students learn in state-of-the-art laboratories.
- The department hosts student chapters of several professional construction associations plus the Sigma Lambda Chi national construction honor society.
- The department hosts a career fair each semester with approximately 150 companies in attendance at each.
- Graduates enjoy high employment rates within three months of graduation with starting salaries at or above the national average.
- The program allows students to specialize in six areas - electrical, mechanical, residential, healthcare, disaster restoration management, and demolition and reconstruction management.
- The building construction management degree program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education.