College of Education
- Visit our "Become a Teacher" website to learn about teacher education at Purdue.
- All students in the College of Education participate in early and frequent field experiences that prepare them for careers in the classroom well before graduation.
- Students graduate with the ability to teach required skills, prepare lesson plans, evaluate students, and communicate with parents.
- As future teachers, education majors also learn how to encourage, motivate, and inspire students to reach their full potential.
- Purdue’s College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Indiana Department of Education.
- In addition to majors within the College of Education (listed at right), Purdue offers specialty teaching majors within the colleges of Agriculture, Health and Human Sciences, Liberal Arts, Science, and Technology. These include:
- Agricultural Education
- Art Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Early Childhood Education and Exceptional Needs
- Earth/Space Science Teaching
- Engineering/Technology Teacher Education
- English Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Health and Safety Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physical Education
- Physics Education
Phone: (765) 494 - 7962