B-80 Ernest C. Young Hall
155 S. Grant Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114
To view a campus map, Click Here.
Mondays through Fridays
8 am-noon and 1 pm-5 pm
|Manager - Mark D. Jaeger|
|Thesis/Dissertation Assistant - Anne Lacy|
|Thesis/Dissertation Receptionist - Nancy Florence|
For a full calendar of graduation deadlines, Click Here.
March 6, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for ExamOnly and Degree Only registrants
May 1, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for General Candidacy (698 and 699) registrants
July 10, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for Exam Only and Degree Only registrants
July 31, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for General Candidacy (698 and 699) registrants
October 16, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for Exam Only and Degree Only registrants
December 11, 5 pm (ET): Final Deposit Deadline for General Candidacy (698 and 699) registrants
- All West Lafayette candidates who wish to deposit a thesis/disssertation must have a scheduled thesis deposit appointment.
- Appointment times near the deadlines can fill up months in advance. Review our Deposit Checklist, available on the Templates & Guidance page, and schedule your deposit appointment as early as possible.
- The date you choose for your thesis deposit appointment must be after the date of your defense.
- Long distance appointments are scheduled using the online Appointment Booking system like any other appointment, but they must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of the appointment date.
- Regional campuses:
- IUPUI Ph.D. candidates must have a scheduled thesis deposit appointment.
- IUPUI Master's candidates will work with regional format advisors to deposit and do not need to schedule appointments with us.
- Calumet candidates will work with regional format advisors to deposit and do not need to schedule appointments with us.
- Fort Wayne candidates will work with regional format advisors to deposit and do not need to schedule appointments with us.
FeesMaster’s Thesis Fee $90.00
Ph.D. Dissertation Fee $125.00
West Lafayette Campus
- West Lafayette candidates will pay the deposit fee through their myPurdue accounts. The thesis deposit fee will appear in a candidate’s student account 2-3 days after their thesis deposit appointment.
- Calumet and Fort Wayne candidates will pay their fees to their local bursars as part of the clearance process by their regional campus format advisors.
- IUPUI candidates will receive a paper bill following their successful deposit.
All thesis-option graduate students at Purdue must deposit the final products of their research with the Graduate School Thesis/Dissertation Office.
The Thesis/Dissertation Office will help you ensure that all pre-requisites for deposit have been fulfilled and that your thesis or dissertation meets the quality standards established by the Graduate Council Standing Committee on Theses and Dissertations.
For formatting assistance, please review our online presentations and checklists, attend one of our workshops, and contact your department's Thesis Format Advisor. If your department doesn't have a Thesis Format Advisor and you have a specific formatting question, please feel free to email us.
Access Information about the iThenticate Plagiarism Screening Program
As of September 1, 2014, all theses/dissertations deposited at Purdue must be screened using the iThenticate program. Satisfaction of this requirement will be certified by both major professor and degree candidate signing in Section III of GS Form 32.
To access information about the iThenticate program, Click Here.
Please direct all iThenticate questions to Dr. Peter Dunn, Purdue's Research Integrity Officer. Faculty can obtain iThenticate accounts from Dr. Dunn.
Register for a Thesis/Dissertation Workshop
To register for one of our workshops, Click Here.
Schedule or Cancel Your Thesis/Dissertation Deposit Appointment
To schedule, rescheule, or cancel your thesis deposit appointment, Click Here.
Submit Your Electronic Thesis Deposit
To submit your thesis to us using ProQuest's ETD Administrator, Click Here.
Access Templates & Guidance
To access templates, deposit checklists, video tutorials and other thesis preparation materials, Click Here.
Access Required Thesis/Dissertation Forms
To access required thesis forms, Click Here.
Read Thesis/Dissertation Office Newsletters
To read the first Fall 2014 newsletter, Click Here.
To read the second Fall 2014 newsletter, Click Here.
To read the third Fall 2014 newsletter, Click Here.