Summer Research Programs
As a college student, you often hear that the future is full of exciting opportunities. Here at Purdue University, we wonder: Why should you wait until then?
You can be part of the team that pushes the outer limits of knowledge in your field. After all, that's what we do every day. Come join us!
Why should I participate in an Undergraduate Summer Research Program?
An undergraduate summer research program will help your application to graduate school. You have the opportunity to learn new skills and preview the graduate school experience. Purdue University offers a wide variety of summer research programs to match your abilities and interests. Many of these programs offer the opportunity to:
- conduct your own research
- experience some of the most advanced technology in the country
- be mentored by a faculty advisor
- network with graduate students, scientists and researchers in your field
- determine if graduate school is right for you
- enhance your writing and presentation skills
- attend professional conferences or meetings
- attend graduate school seminars, training sessions, and/or GRE prep classes
- participate in social activities with other students and your lab group
In addition, many programs provide a stipend (i.e., pay) and/or undergraduate credit, PLUS housing, travel, and food allowances. Details vary by program; be sure to visit the program’s website or contact the program coordinator for more information.
Application deadlines and eligibility also vary by program, so be sure to review the program’s website or contact its coordinator for more information.
Please note that while opportunities are listed by major subject, some programs do not require participants to be majoring in that field. Refer to the individual programs for details.
Review the Programs: