We are pleased with your interest in our graduate program. Before you continue with the electronic application for admission, we wish to ensure that you are familiar with the minimum requirements for admission to graduate study under Professional Educator. It is important to recognize that although satisfaction of these basic requirements does not guarantee graduate admission, failure to satisfy these requirements may lead to automatic denial of admission.
The Professional Educator application process is only available to applicants who hold an Indiana teaching/administrative license and are applying to take classes to renew that license. This is for renewal ONLY.
Supporting Documents: Additional documents are required to support the application. Supporting documents should be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Education:
- Copy of your teacher or administrative license.
- The Professional Educator program will NOT accept unofficial transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded through the online application system for review purposes. You must provide official transcripts and/or academic records at the time of application.
Application Deadlines: Professional Educator applications have rolling admission.
|Contact Information||Send Supporting Documents To:||
Websites of Interest
|Name: Office of Graduate Studies
Phone: (765) 494-2345
Fax: (765) 494-0587
Office of Graduate Studies
Application Process for the Professional Educator who is Renewing a Teacher/Administrative License
The Professional Educator application process is intended only for applicants who hold a teaching license and are applying to take classes to renew their teaching license.
• Complete the Graduate School online admission application at www.gradschool.purdue.edu/admissions.
• In the "Select your proposed graduate major" box, click Professional Educator. Then select an Area of Interest.
• Provide a copy of your teaching/administrative license. Fax a copy of the license to 765-496-9449 or mail a copy to the Office of Graduate Studies, 100 North University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47906.
• You will receive notification of admission by e-mail from the Graduate School which will contain information and instructions on setting up your career account and a letter indicating your advisor from the Office of Graduate Studies. At that time, you may log into your MyPurdue account and register for classes.
• You should be able to enroll in classes within 15 days after your application file is complete; however, a few classes are restricted from this type of enrollment.
Please note that only up to twelve credit hours taken under the The Professional Educator (non-degree) status can be used toward a master's or doctoral degree at Purdue University (Graduate School policy).